Overveiw – CAT CB22B Utility Compactor
The Cat CB22B Utility Compactor has a vibratory system that is equipped with a variety of frequencies and single amplitude that provide lower sound levels and job site versatility. A 50 mm (2”) drum offset feature enhances control near curbs and obstacles while providing more coverage.
- Excellent drum-edge visibility due to longitudinal engine mount and narrow frame design; improves control for better coverage and compaction results.
- Increased drum diameter for smoother compaction performance.
- High amplitude and three frequency selections deliver excellent compaction results and lower sound levels.
- 50 mm (2″) drum offset capability enhances control near curbs and other obstacles while offering more coverage.
- Ballast options increase flexibility and compaction performance.
- Extended 3 year/3,000 hour vibratory drum maintenance interval minimizes lifetime operating costs.
- CC24B is equipped with pneumatic tires that provide a kneading action for a tight mat finish.
The operating environment offers improved comfort and visibility. The narrow frame design and contoured engine hood provide good visibility to the drum edges and front of the machine. The intuitive control panel utilizes a backlit LCD display and sealed switches with bright LED lights for easy recognition in a variety of operating conditions.
Intuitive, multi-function control panel with vandal protection enables good performance. Easy viewing LCD Display and Vibrant LED lights on the control panel simplify operation in both day and night operation. Integrated vandal cover protects value.
Multiple language options are available for crew diversity. The display screen options include; engine speed, fuel level, hour meter, coolant temperature, hydraulic oil temperature, voltage. The default screen includes: engine speed, fuel level, hydraulic oil temperature and visual indicators to keep the operator informed of low water level (spray system), Eco-mode, drum selections, lights, water spray settings, traction control, regeneration, parking brake, and warning indicators.
The bright LCD display and LED console lights optimize control for day and night operation. Roading and working lights include front lights with turn signals, a single rear working light with turn signals and a warning beacon.
Foldable ROPS and Canopy
Powerful lift cylinders enables a single person to raise and lower without the use of tools. A fixed ROPS is also available. The foldable canopy is compatible with fixed or foldable ROPS.
The CB22B is a 2.5 metric ton machine with 1000 mm (39″) drums.
|Operating Weight||5629.0 lb|
|Maximum Weight at Front Drum||2669.0 lb|
|Maximum Weight at Rear Drum||2960.0 lb|
|Standard Compaction Width||39.0 in|
|Curb Clearance||24.0 in|
|Turning Radius Inside Drum Edge||8.75 ft|
|Ground Clearance||11.0 in|
|Static Linear Load||72.0 lb/in|
|Travel Speed – Maximum||7.5 mph|
|Gross Power||36.2 hp|