Overview – CAT 303.5E Mini Excavator
Spacious and comfortable operator station with excellent visibility and legroom keeps the operator comfortable and reduces fatigue. Standard features include:
- Reclining suspension seat with adjustable wrist rests.
- Pilot operated controls on all services including travel levers and dozer functions.
- Two post canopy design for better visibility to the work area.
- A pattern control changer (not available in all regions) is accessible from the cab to switch between excavator and backhoe style controls.
- Ample storage space under the seat that can be locked for added security.
Optional Enclosed Cab
For even greater operator comfort, an enclosed cab is available as an option and features:
- Enclosed cab with heat and optional air conditioning to keep you comfortable in a wide range of conditions.
- Radio ready with speakers and easy radio installation.
- Removable lower front window and sliding windows for excellent overall visibility.
- Gas assisted front window slides up with minimal effort.
- Sliding door system offers good access and maintains the machine’s compact dimensions, reducing the risk of damage.
The boom swing and auxiliary hydraulic functions are located at your fingertips providing smooth, easy operation. These joystick mounted controls deliver more productivity through precise movement of the boom swing and auxiliary functions. They also eliminate foot pedals and free up the floor for more room for the operator’s feet. 100% pilot controls provide consistent flow and pressure throughout the life of the machine. This also allows all controls to be locked out while starting the machine and when the safety lockout bar is in the up position.
Compass Display Panel
Unlock the new features and experience the value of the exclusive COMPASS control panel on the new E series Excavators. The brand new Complete Operation, Maintenance, Performance and Security System on the Caterpillar E series mini hydraulic excavators was specifically designed by Caterpillar for compact excavators. It adds several new features to the machines increasing the amount of customer value:
- A Standard Anti-theft Security System
- Adjustable Work Tool Auxiliary Flow Control
- Continuous Flow
- Economy Mode – save up to 20% fuel while maintaining high productivity with the push of a button.
All four E-Series models feature increased stability, while maintaining the compact radius design. This increased stability leads to more productivity and versatility through the use of heavier work tools and the optional long stick.
Fast, Powerful Digging With Load Sensing hydraulics
High digging forces and fast cycle times deliver the productivity that your job demands. Load sensing hydraulics optimize flow for smooth, powerful performance and increased fuel efficiency.
High performance power train provides optimized engine horsepower and strong performance. Engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim and EU Stage IIIA emissions requirements. Automatic engine idle automatically lowers engine revolutions when not in use to conserve fuel and lower environmental noise and emissions. The E-Series models feature an engine kill switch conveniently located in the cab and accessible from ground level.
Automatic Two Speed
With the standard automatic two speed feature, the machine will automatically balance high speed and torque travel requirements based on the conditions to give the operator the optimum speed and control. The machine can be put in low gear if slower travel is desired while in tight conditions.
200 Degree Bucket Rotation
Industry leading bucket rotation of over 200 degrees provides greater material retention during truck loading. It also allows for easier vertical wall digging without having to reposition the machine.
Wide Range Of Work Tools
A wide range of Cat Work Tools have been designed specifically for the Cat Mini Hydraulic Excavators to maximize machine performance. Available work tools include:
- Buckets (heavy duty and heavy duty capacity)
- Tilting, Ditch Cleaning Buckets
- Hydraulic Hammers
- Thumbs (not available in all regions)
- Vibratory Compactors
- Quick Coupler
The Cat 303.5E CR delivers high performance in a compact radius design to help you work in the tightest applications.
|Engine Model||Cat® C1.8|
|Net Power||31.6 hp|
|Gross Power||33.3 hp|
|Operating Weight||7734.0 lb|
|Operating Weight with Cab||8139.0 lb|