Overview – CAT 428F Backhoe Loader
- 74 dB(A) internal sound level across the range no matter the engine option.
- Heated seat to keep the operator warm no matter what the conditions are.
- Fantastic layout of switches and controls provide an ergonomic and comfortable operating environment all day long.
- An all new information display cluster will allow the operator to access information about the machines health and the new trip computer will provide performance information.
- A redesigned roof cap provides the operator with superior visibility to the loader at maximum dump height, from the comfort of the seat.
- The A-post mounted exhaust allows great forward visibility. The exhaust has been angled backwards, parallel to the A-Post, to minimize any impact on visibility.
- Secure your investment with the Cat Backhoe Loader security system designed specifically for the Cat Backhoe Loader, this device will keep your investment secure, while providing easy access for up to 25 specified people.
- The loader control now gives you more power at your fingertips: Differential lock, transmission neutralizer and auxiliary control.
The 428F2 is fitted with mechanical controls providing low effort operation, with the ability to choose between ISO (Excavator) or SAE (Backhoe) control patterns. Providing easy and safe operation for operators of any experience or ability.
The Proven C4.4 Acert Engine Delivers Reliable Power On Demand
- A powerful 70 kW power unit provides excellent performance for all applications.
- Outstanding fuel economy, contributes to low owning and operating costs.
- A robust aftertreatment solution reduces emissions without compromising performance.
- To meet EU Stage IV emission standards the Cat Backhoe Loader utilizes the latest emissions technology available, including Diesel Exhaust Fluid.
The F2 Series of Cat Backhoe Loaders have an all new Advanced Power Management System (APMS).
- The APMS allows the operator to set the machine to ECO mode providing excellent fuel savings.
- Providing the perfect balance between power and economy, the APMS enables fuel saving with no impact on productivity.
Axles and DIFFERENTIAL LOCK
The F2 Series of Cat Backhoe Loaders boast heavy duty Cat axles.
- Providing high durability, low noise levels and superb traction on uneven surfaces.
- Three chamber system provide constant lubrication of the heavy duty running gear and bearings on all gradients.
- 100% locking differential is fitted as standard on the Cat Backhoe Loader, ensuring maximum traction in all conditions.
Power Shift Transmission
This optional six speed transmission will perfectly match itself to the application, carefully selecting the appropriate gear whether you’re driving between job sites or using the loader function. Now the gear box has been tweaked, smoothing gear shifts and extending the top gear providing a more efficient and comfortable driving experience.
The lock-up torque converter provides a direct ratio between power pack and driveline when in the roading gears. This results in a 16% decrease in fuel consumption and an 11% increased average speed. The lock-up torque converter is an invaluable addition for those traveling between job sites.
Powerful Load Sensing HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
Intelligent hydraulics provide the right amount of power at the right time. Load sensing, closed center hydraulic system, actively matches hydraulic power and flow, allowing full hydraulic forces at any engine speed.
- Flow-sharing valves actively manage the flow of oil between each function of the machine. When the operator demands multiple operations the machine responds, providing smooth, effortless operation.
- Electronic Torque Limiter on the machine helps to provide perfect synchronization between the engine, transmission and hydraulic system.
- Cat Backhoe Loaders have always provided a superior solution and this machine is no different. A high capacity variable displacement piston pump allows for perfect matching of power and operator demand, providing power when it is needed as well as great fuel economy.
The proven design of the F2 loader provides ultimate performance. This machine makes light work of lifting and loading.
- Parallel lift loader arms offer excellent forward visibility and self leveling, ensuring excellent material retention throughout the lift and lower cycles.
- Ride Control option offers loader suspension to improve ride comfort when moving around the job site or transporting the machine on the road. There is also the added benefit of increased material retention providing an invaluable boost in productivity.
- The Return to Dig system returns the bucket to level great for applications with repetitive work cycles.
Excavator Style Backhoe
Whether close-up truck loading or digging over obstacles, the iconic excavator style boom tackles the toughest jobs with ease. Combine this versatility with powerful breakout forces, controllability, a flow-sharing hydraulic system and the 428F2 is capable of high levels of productivity with minimum effort. The boom is a narrow design, ensuring maximum visibility to the work tool and ground.
The 428F2 is available with an extendible stick that increases dig depth and reach capability increasing the machines versatility and utilization, reducing the amount of machine repositioning and therefore reducing site damage. A sliding inner section design helps to ensure the wear pads remain as dirt free as possible, extending adjustment and replacement intervals. Auxiliary lines, for operating hydraulic work tools, have been routed so that they are protected from damage when working in the narrowest of trenches.
Caterpillar has a well proven history in the construction equipment industry and has been producing the highest quality machines for 90 years, making progress possible and driving positive and sustainable change on every continent. For 30 years Caterpillar has produced the British built backhoe loader. From the A Series to this new F2 Series we have produced machines that are designed with the operator in mind, providing reliability, power and a quality operator environment. We have combined 30 years of passion, expertise and experience to create the latest Backhoe Loader offering from Caterpillar, the F2.
|Power – Net||65.6 kW|
ENGINE – EU STAGE IV STANDARD OFFERING
|Model||C4.4 70 kW Electronic Turbo Intercooled|
|Rated Power (standard) @ 2,200 rpm – Gross Power ISO 14396||70.0 kW|
|Net Power Rating @ 2,200 rpm – ISO 9249||65.6 kW|
|Net Power Rating @ 2,200 rpm – EEC 80/1269||65.6 kW|
|Torque Rise (net) @ 1,400 rpm||56%|
|Maximum Torque @ 1,400 rpm||439.0 N·m|
|Emissions||Meets EU Stage IV emission standards.|
|Operating Weight – Nominal||8425.0 kg|
|Operating Weight – Maximum||11000.0 kg|
|Operating Weight (Maximum) (ROPS Capacity)||11000.0 kg|
|Cab, ROPS/FOPS||129.0 kg|
|Auto-Shift Transmission||55.0 kg|
|Ride Control||11.0 kg|
|Air Conditioning||42.0 kg|
|MP Bucket (1.00 m3) – with fold-over forks||871.0 kg|
|MP Bucket (1.00 m3) – without fold-over forks||611.0 kg|
|4.3 m Extendible Stick (excludes front counterweight)||203.0 kg|
|Operating Weight||8425.0 kg|
|Counterweights – Base||115.0 kg|
|Counterweights – Medium||240.0 kg|
|Counterweights – Maximum||460.0 kg|
|Minimum Counterweight Recommendations – Standard Stick: Loader Bucket – GP||115.0 kg|
|Minimum Counterweight Recommendations – Standard Stick: Loader Bucket – MP||0.0 kg|
|Minimum Counterweight Recommendations – Extendible Stick: Loader Bucket – GP||460.0 kg|
|Minimum Counterweight Recommendations – Extendible Stick: Loader Bucket – MP||0.0 kg|