Overview – CAT 305E CR Mini Excavator
The Cat® 305E CR Mini Hydraulic Excavator delivers high performance in a compact design to help you work in the tightest applications. The 305E CR features the following:
- Fingertip control for the boom swing and auxiliary hydraulic functions makes operation easier while providing more room on the floor for the operator’s feet.
- Compact Radius Design lets you work within confined areas. The radius of the upper body stays within 100 mm (4 in) of the undercarriage so the operator can concentrate on the work being done without having to worry about the back of the machine.
- High digging forces, fast cycle times, and excellent stability boosts your productivity.
- Over 200 degrees of bucket rotation provides greater material retention during truck loading and easier flat wall digging without having to reposition the machine.
- 100% pilot controls and a load sensing hydraulic system.
- Security System: A standard anti-theft device uses a 5 digit alphanumeric password that is required to start the machine (when the security system is enabled).
- Adjustable Work Tool Auxiliary Flow Control: Simple adjustability of the hydraulic flow going down the boom and stick to the work tool. This is done by a simple selection from a flow of 1-15.
- Continuous Flow: Set the auxiliary flow in any direction and at any speed simply, safely, and easily on the right hand joystick.
- Economy Mode: Save up to 20% fuel while maintaining high productivity with a push of a button.
The durable hoods and frame and the compact radius design of the 305E2 let you work comfortably and confidently in confined areas. The operator environment includes a high quality suspension seat, easy to adjust armrests and 100% pilot controls which offer consistent and long-lasting controllability.
High Definition Hydraulic System provides a load sensing and flow sharing capability leading to operational precision, efficient performance and greater controllability. Power on Demand provides optimal efficiency and performance the moment you need it. This automatic system ensures fuel efficiency through appropriate engine rating to meet all operational needs as required.
Broad range of Cat Work Tools make the Cat Mini Excavator a versatile machine able to meet the requirements of any job site. Over 200 degrees of bucket rotation provides greater material retention during truck loading and easier flat wall digging without having to reposition the machine.
Front shovel bucket orientation provides the operator with more ways to get the job done faster. COMPASS Control Panel is a standard feature that allows the operator to easily adjust auxiliary flows to achieve the optimal work tool performance, activate auto idle for improved fuel efficiency and utilize the security system to ensure protection of valuable assets with the simple touch of a button. The Site Reference System included in the COMPASS monitor provides output from pitch and roll sensors to aid in grading and level trenching. This impacts accuracy and productivity for job site finishing.
Convenient service and maintenance requirements include ease of access to daily check points, 500 hour engine oil and filter change period, 500 hour grease interval on front implement, S·O·SSM oil sampling valve and overall long term durability.
All Cat Mini Excavators from 3.5 metric tons to 8 metric tons are ROPS, TOPS and Top Guard Level 1 certified and include the Cat Interlock (hydraulic lockout) System, a certified accumulator which allows for auxiliary pressure to be released, making connecting and disconnecting work tools safer and easier, and a travel alarm. All of these safety features are standard on the E2 model lineup (travel alarm optional in Europe).
The Cat® 305E CR Mini Hydraulic Excavator delivers high performance in a compact design to help you work in the tightest applications. New standard features on the 305.5E CR are made possible with the new COMPASS (Complete Operation, Maintenance, Performance, And Security System) control panel.
|Engine Model||CAT C2.4|
|Net Power||30.0 kW|
|Gross Power (ISO 14396)||31.2 kW|
|Operating Weight||4915.0 kg|
|Operating Weight with Cab||5088.0 kg|